There are many situations that can lead to data loss. These are:
Under the data recovery process at Stellar, we first identify the problem and on the basis of the same pick the right data recovery procedure which could be:
The first category i.e. logical recovery involves cases like deleted data, formatted data, ransomware affected data, malware affected data, etc. These can be usually resolved with the help of the right software and/or programming techniques.
The second category i.e. physical recovery has to be opted for when there is physical damage to the storage media device. Some examples include broken head, scratches on the platter, motherboard damage, etc. These require hardware manipulation and repairs.
The final category is a combination of both logical and physical defects and the data recovery process uses techniques from both categories.
At Stellar, we have two types of recovery labs:
Logical data recovery lab: A controlled environment where our data experts work on your storage media device to recover the data in 1-4 business days.
Physical data recovery lab: An ISO certified class 100 clean room lab with a highly-controlled environment maintained with negligible dust particles, chemical vapors, etc. that allows us to perform rather complicated physical recoveries.
The following are the standard steps we take for every type of data recovery process:
1. Media Submission - It starts with the customer submitting the hard drive/storage media device. Upon receipt, we assign a unique job ID to the device and sent it to our lab.
2. Analysis - Our technician connects the device to a custom computer and analyses the condition of the data. Then they create a diagnosis report that contains the following information: state of the media, nature of the problem, the percentage of the data recovery possible, and estimated time for job completion.
3. Consultation - Our customer service executive contacts the customer to share the details of the report and address their queries if there are any. Once the customer approves the recovery process we go ahead with the process.
4. Data Recovery - Depending on the nature of the problem, our technician performs the data recovery procedure on the device inside the logical data recovery lab or the physical data recovery lab.
5. Data Verification - Once the recovery process is finished, we share the list of the recovered files with the client and give them two options: they can either come to our center to verify the data, or we can set up TeamViewer program for them through which they can verify the files remotely.
6. Data Delivery - If the client approves the data and signs acceptance we share the data on a new external hard drive provided by the client himself.
So, there you have it- our entire data recovery process explained with complete transparency so that you know what goes on here. Needless to say, we take utmost care to achieve the highest possible recovery rate for our customers and use only ISO certified class 100 clean rooms for complicated cases.
Request a Call Back